The preparation you put into getting your property ready for sale can be the difference between getting a standard price and getting a great price. And, the best part is, it’s not hard, time consuming or expensive.
Buyers for good quality property can be found all year round. With the marketing process having become far more sophisticated than in previous times, the issue of timing is less critical today than in the past. However, there are some important points you may wish to consider.
The time required to sell property that is accurately priced will typically vary between two and six weeks. Prior to placing your property on the market, allow an additional two weeks to prepare both the property and the marketing material.
- Offer your property at a competitive price, most properties receive their majority of buyer action in the first three weeks, so don’t allow your property to be stagnant because of an inflated price.
State of repair
- Have a look around your property and ensure all repairs are completed.
- Ensure clean bathroom, kitchen and tidy cupboards, spruce up the gardens, remember first appearances count.
Access to Buyers
- Have your property so as we can show all buyers in the market place. We know that this is a stressful time, but being able to show purchasers through your property without to much of a time delay, enhances the purchasers buying experience.
- Let your agent do the work, your agent will keep you fully informed all the way through the process.
A point of interest
- 94% of properties are sold at a price that is within 10% of the last sale price of a similar home, so please price your home competitively at the beginning.