The following information will help to guide you through the process of home ownership.
- Speak with your financier to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
- Prepare a short list of preferred areas that suit your lifestyle. Keep in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
- Research sales in those preferred areas using available internet services. Inspect every property in your preferred area so you have a feel for the price. Attend all auctions in the area.
- Develop a relationship with a Hore+Davies Sales Consultant. The agent will be able to offer additional advice and also alert you to new listings before they reach the media.
- When you find a property that suits your requirements, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with an offer on the property through the agent.
- If your offer is accepted on the property, we recommend that you arrange a building and pest inspection to make you aware of any major defects and pest concerns eg: white ant, termites.
- Your agent will send to your solicitors or conveyancers advice on the sale contract and taking into consideration the building and pest reports, once this is all clear and finance is in order the contract will proceed to exchange.
- If you are bidding at an auction, we recommend you read the Office of Fair Trading’s “Bidder’s Guide” before you attend the auction. You can find a copy of the Bidder’s Guide at www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/pdfs/secondarymenus/publications/ftr31.pdf
- Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a 10% deposit. Your deposit will be held in trust until settlement.
The vendor will sign their sale contract and the solicitor/conveyancer or agent will exchange the contracts.
- On settlement day, your solicitor or conveyancer may request that you have a pre-settlement inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it and that all the inclusions are as per the contract you signed.